SCVMM Deploying Clusters
In this video we demonstrate how quick and easy it is to create a cluster in SCVMM.
Identify Cluster Name & IP Address To Use
- If using DHCP address will automatically be assigned
- Can source from SCVMM IP Pool
Plan LUN usage
Steps to deploy cluster with SCVMM
1. Verify networks are in place
- Logical Switch deployed with SCVMM, see our previous post!
2. Verify storage is in place
- Presented to hosts with SMI-S via SCVMM, See our previous post!
3. Create Cluster Wizard
- Cluster Name (this is the name you will use for managing the cluster)
- -Select a runas account that has administrator privileges on the hosts and the ability to create computer account in AD
4. Select nodes you would like to be included in the cluster
5. Set cluster IP address from IP Pool, manually define an IP, or leverag DHCP
6. Configure storage LUN uses, format, label and create CSVs
7. Configure virtual switches if appropriate
- This was already complete, See our previous post!